Erin Green Comite litigates complex class actions throughout the United States, representing the rights of shareholders, employees, consumers, and other individuals harmed by corporate misrepresentation and malfeasance. She is also active in the Firm’s appellate practice.
- In re Priceline.com Securities Litigation ($80 million settlement)
- Schnall v. Annuity and Life Re (Holdings) Ltd. ($27 million settlement)
- In re Qwest Communications International, Inc. (settlement obtaining $25 million for the company and achieving corporate governance reforms aimed at ensuring board independence)
- Court-appointed lead counsel in In re Monsanto Company Genetically-Engineered Wheat Litigation, MDL No. 2473 (D. Kan.)
- Is prosecuting or has recently prosecuted actions against defendants such as Banco Popular, N.A.; Cargill, Inc.; The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.; Ferrero USA, Inc.; L’Oreal USA, Inc.; Merisant Company; Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc.; NCO Financial Systems, Inc.; and Nestlé USA, Inc.
- In Hohider v. United Parcel Service, Inc., Ms. Comite spearheaded a nearly year-long investigation into every facet of UPS’s preservation methods, requiring intensive, full-time efforts by a team of attorneys and paralegals well beyond that required in the normal course of pre-trial litigation. Ms. Comite assisted in devising the plan of investigation in weekly conference calls with the Special Master, coordinated the review of over 30,000 documents that uncovered a blatant trail of deception and prepared dozens of briefs to describe the spoliation and its ramifications on the case to the Special Master. In reaction to UPS’s flagrant discovery abuses brought to light through the investigation, the Court conditioned the parties’ settlement of the three individual ADA cases on UPS adopting and implementing preservation practices that passed the approval of the Special Master.
- Recent successes include achieving a Ninth Circuit reversal of a district court’s dismissal of consumers’ claims concerning Nestlé’s Juicy Juice Brain Development Beverage, which the plaintiffs alleged was deceptively marketed as having the ability to improve young children’s cognitive development with minute quantities of the Omega-3 fatty acid, DHA. Chavez v. Nestle USA, Inc., 511 F. App’x 606 (9th Cir. 2013)
- Licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut
- Admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut and the Southern District of New York and the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1994)
- Prior to entering law school, served in the White House as Assistant to the Special Counsel to President Clinton. In that capacity, she handled matters related to the White House’s response to investigations, including four independent counsel investigations, a Justice Department task force investigation, two major oversight investigations by the House of Representatives and the Senate, and several other congressional oversight investigations
- Volunteer activities have included assisting immigrant women, as survivors of domestic violence, with temporary residency applications as well as counseling sexual assault survivors. Currently, Ms. Comite supports Connecticut Children’s Medical Center and March of Dimes/March for Babies