Melvin Scott’s practice focuses on securities, commercial and criminal litigation.
Mr. Scott actively represents aggrieved parties in securities, commercial and criminal litigation and served or serves as counsel in:
- Irvine, et al. v. ImClone Systems, Inc., et al.
- Schnall, et al. v. Annuity and Life Re (Holdings) Ltd., et al.
- In re: 360networks Class Action Securities Litigation
- In re: General Motors ERISA Litigation
- Hohider v. UPS
- Former member of the Kentucky Law Review, where he submitted several articles for publication
- Formerly practiced in Kentucky
- Admitted to practice in Connecticut and Pennsylvania
- University of Kentucky (M.A., 1953; LL.B., 1957)
- University of Connecticut (B.A., 1950)
- Has served as an Attorney Trial Referee in the State of Connecticut since the program’s inception
- Member of the Fee Dispute Committee for New London County
- Formerly served as a Special Public Defender in criminal cases and as a member of the New London County Grievance Committee