Michel Thirij specializes in complex multi-jurisdictional damages litigation, including cartel follow-on proceedings, and commercial litigation. He has broad experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in court proceedings and international arbitrations.
- Worked four years for a large first tier firm in Amsterdam and represented defendants in Dutch follow-on damages cases such as the cathode ray tubes follow-on case.
- Acted in a landmark corporate social responsibility litigation case.
- Advised financial institutions on regulatory matters, specializing in regulatory advice to investment funds, investment managers, pension funds and banks.
- Admitted to practice law in the Netherlands.
- Utrecht University (cum laude LL.M. 2015, LL.B. 2013)
- University College Roosevelt (BA Law and economics 2012)
On the basis of the registration it is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
- Litigation (Burgerlijk procesrecht, subrechtsgebied litigation)
- Published a book on the imputation of knowledge to legal persons.
- Is passionate about corporate social responsibility litigation.
- Best Graduates law 2015.