Rhiana Swartz’s practice focuses on securities class actions and shareholder derivative actions.
- Prior to joining Scott+Scott, Ms. Swartz was Senior Counsel in the Special Federal Litigation Division of the New York City Law Department, Office of Corporation Counsel, where she handled federal cases brought under 42 U.S.C. §1983 from initial receipt of complaint through trial verdict. Ms. Swartz settled more than 80 cases and conducted four federal trials.
- Spent more than four years as an Associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York, representing major financial institutions in civil and regulatory matters involving securities, antitrust, corporate governance, and employment law issues
- Member, New York Bar
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Swarthmore College (B.A., 2000)
- Clerked for the Honorable Joan M. Azrack in the Eastern District of New York