- Arnout Koeman was ranked as a key lawyer in the Legal 500 2022 edition and clients testify: “We have been working with Arnout for several years and I have got to know him as a very smart lawyer who is very client-oriented and very experienced in the field of competition law. He has a hands-on mentality and is always willing to help.”
- Before joining Scott+Scott, Mr. Koeman spent more than nine years working at two top tier Dutch firms in Amsterdam (in the EU/competition law groups).
- Before starting as a lawyer, Mr. Koeman also worked as in intern in the cabinet of judge prof. Marc van der Woude at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg.
Arnout Koeman is a senior associate in the Firm’s Amsterdam office and focuses on cartel damages cases and other complex commercial litigation such as collective actions. Mr. Koeman has broad experience in all fields of European and national competition law. He represents (mostly international) clients before the Dutch courts and Courts of Appeal on disputes relating to cartel damages, other collective damages actions and contract disputes.
- Representing an airline in follow-on damages proceedings further to an EC infringement decision (air cargo cartel);
- Advising a client on possible follow-on damages proceedings regarding consumer goods in online retail; and
- Representing an undertaking in the postal sector in proceedings regarding the abuse of dominance.
Mr. Koeman is admitted to the Dutch bar and has a registered specialization in competition law (mededingingsrecht). On the basis of the registration it is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.