- Cleemann spent his first year out of law school at a Ropes-sponsored fellowship with the Legal Aid Society’s Prisoners’ Rights Project.
- Interned with the Hon. Robert Sack in the Second Circuit and the Hon. Shira A. Scheindlin in the Southern District of New York.
Joseph G. Cleemann is an associate at the Firm’s New York office and has extensive experience litigating class actions, complex commercial disputes, and government enforcement actions. He represents dozens of governmental entities in seven states who are prosecuting pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors in opioid litigation.
Prior to coming to the Firm, Mr. Cleemann worked eight years at Ropes & Gray, LLP, where he principally represented corporate defendants in government prosecutions, class actions, and complex business litigation. He has extensive experience in the area of data privacy.
Prior to entering the law, he worked seven years in trade book publishing.
- City of New Haven v. Purdue Pharma L.P.
- City of Jacksonville v. Purdue Pharma L.P.
- City of Worcester v. Purdue Pharma L.P.