Pippa Winstanley is an associate in the Firm’s London office. She specialises in competition and commercial litigation before the English High Court, Competition Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal.
Ms. Winstanley is currently acting for Clare Spottiswoode CBE in a collective action before the Competition Appeal Tribunal on behalf of domestic electricity consumers arising from the Power Cables Cartel. She also works on general commercial litigation, mainly relating to disputes concerning energy and property disputes. In July 2021, she assisted in a successful Commercial Court hearing in relation to a dispute concerning a property portfolio.
Prior to joining Scott+Scott, Ms. Winstanley trained at Marriott Harrison LLP and qualified in commercial litigation at Clyde & Co LLP, where she represented major energy and aviation clients in relation to various debt recovery and breach of contract claims. She has experience representing both corporations and individual shareholders.
Before training as a lawyer, Ms. Winstanley trained and studied to be a musician. She is an accomplished conductor, organist, pianist and violinist, winning various awards and scholarships. In her spare time, she continues to enjoy playing music, but is also now a keen runner, cyclist and budding chef.
- Acting for Clare Spottiswoode CBE in a collective action before the Competition Appeal Tribunal on behalf of domestic electricity consumers arising from the Power Cables Cartel
- Acting for the child Claimant in a representative action against TikTok and other companies in the ByteDance group arising from breaches of English and European data protection law
- Representing a property company in relation to a contractual dispute in the Commercial Court
- Acting for Kodak in claims brought against large banks and commodities traders in relation to the manipulation of the aluminium market
- Representing a solar energy company in relation to a contractual claim brought against it by a former CEO in the Queens Bench Division of the High Court