- Sanne Bouwers was mentioned in the Legal 500 2020 for being “very knowledgeable about law and details”.
- Before joining Scott+Scott, Ms. Bouwers spent more than nine years working at Hogan Lovells International LLP (in the litigation group).
- When she was a student, Ms. Bouwers served as a court clerk for the District Court Midden-Nederland, civil division (Utrecht).
Sanne Bouwers is a counsel in the Firm’s Amsterdam office and focuses on collective actions and other complex commercial litigation. Ms. Bouwers has extensive experience in resolving cross border disputes and is a true litigator with a pragmatic approach. She represents (mostly international) clients before the Dutch courts and Courts of Appeal on disputes including collective actions relating to cartel damages, contract disputes and business torts in various industries.
- Representing a multinational in cartel damages claims against truck manufacturers
- Representing a major UK bank in a collective action regarding alleged LIBOR manipulation
- Representing an airline in follow-on damages proceedings further to an EC infringement decision (air cargo cartel)
- Representing a client in the energy sector in follow-on damages proceedings further to an EC infringement decision (gas-insulated switchgear cartel)
- Advising various clients on the levying and/or lifting of attachments, including attachment of evidence
- Acting for a French bank in interim proceedings on the discovery of documents
Ms. Bouwers is admitted to the Dutch bar and has registered specializations in Litigation (Burgerlijk procesrecht, subrechtsgebied litigation). On the basis of the registration it is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.