Ms Manson is an Associate in the Firm’s London office and specialises in competition damages litigation before the Competition Appeal Tribunal. She also has experience in the Court of Appeal, Administrative Court and Supreme Court.
A key focus of her work is collective proceedings and she is currently working on three such claims. In addition, she regularly works with clients and counsel, assessing the merits and viability of potential claims arising from anticompetitive conduct (covering both individual claims and collective proceedings). Ms Manson works closely with the team in Scott+Scott’s Amsterdam office, including regarding claims being brought by a number of multinational corporations in relation to the Trucks cartel.
Ms Manson specialises in competition damages litigation, however, she has experience working on a variety of commercial disputes in the High Court representing individuals and corporations from industries including the transport and financial sectors.
- Acting for Mark McLaren Class Representative Limited in collective proceedings before the Competition Appeal Tribunal arising from the Maritime Car Carriers Cartel.
- Acting for Michael O’Higgins FX Class Representative Limited in collective proceedings before the Competition Appeal Tribunal arising from the FX Cartels.
- Acting for Clare Spottiswoode CBE in collective proceedings before the Competition Appeal Tribunal arising from the Power Cables Cartel.
- Assisting with claims filed by Unilever, Danone, AkzoNobel, ArcelorMittal, Aperam, and Mondelez in the Amsterdam District Court arising from the Trucks Cartel.
- Acting for the Claimant, Vadim Benyatov, in a claim against his former employee, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited, relating to losses suffered by Mr Benyatov while working for the bank in Romania (The Lawyer’s and Law360’s “Top 20” cases to watch in 2020 and 2021).
REPRESENTATIVE CASES AT PRIOR FIRMS:
- Acted for a Part 20 Defendant in the Air Cargo litigation (Emerald Supplies Limited v British Airways plc.)