- Co-Authored Recent Developments in Mechanisms and Manageability for Group Litigation, Thought Leaders 4 Disputes (2022) Issue 7, with Cian Mansfield
- Co-Authored various articles on Lexology relating to financial, regulatory and procedural issues (2015-2017)
- Six-month secondment with in-house legal team of leading global insurer
Alice Bernstein is an Associate in Scott+Scott’s London office specialising in domestic and international commercial and competition litigation. Ms. Bernstein has worked on a variety of disputes at all levels of the English Courts and in arbitration proceedings, acting for individuals and corporate clients in a wide range of industries.
Ms. Bernstein regularly works with clients and counsel, assessing the merits and viability of potential claims arising from anticompetitive conduct. This experience extends to individual claims and collection actions under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Prior to joining Scott+Scott in June 2020, Ms. Bernstein spent six years in the London office of an international law firm, where her practice focussed predominantly on insurance disputes for both claimants and defendants and commercial disputes including an internal fraud investigation for a property investment company. This included a six-month secondment with the in-house legal team of a leading global insurer.
- Acting for a large number of retailers (including Vodafone, Hermès, GrandVision, Michelin, Soho House, Grange Hotels) in their claims in the English High Court against Visa and Mastercard in relation to anti-competitive interchange fees.
- Representing a litigation investment company in claims arising from the Drawer Wraps and Drawer Fronts Cartels.
- Representing insurance clients in product liability, marine and property/construction disputes as well as pursuing subrogated recovery actions and advising on all aspects of policy coverage including acting on behalf of insurers in multi-million-pound arbitration proceedings arising from a coverage dispute brought against it by a financial services company.