- International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers & Economists (2016-2021)
- Who’s Who: Competition: U.S. (2016-2022)
- Fellow in The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society of the Litigation Counsel of America
- “Super Lawyer” (2011-2022)
- LawDragon 500 Lead Plaintiff Lawyer (2019-2021)
- Recipient of the Soros Justice Fellowship
- Clerk to the Honorable Warren J. Ferguson, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Sylvia Sokol is a New York- and European-based partner. Ms. Sokol is focused on the Firm’s Antitrust and Competition Law Practice and represents and advises large multinational clients in cartel damages claims around the world. Ms. Sokol has substantial experience designing corporate policies regarding potential damages claims, and in the ongoing monitoring of such claims. She works on a daily basis with corporate in-house counsel teams, including at the General Counsel and Global Competition Director level.
Ms. Sokol currently represents and advises her clients in cases involving anticompetitive conduct in the trucks, high voltage power cables, payment card, and foreign exchange sectors. In addition, her civil litigation experience has involved defending corporate clients charged with unlawful business practices and monopolizations.
After law school, Ms. Sokol was awarded the Soros Justice Fellowship to serve a year in the Capital Habeas Unit of the Federal Public Defender’s Office, where she represented clients condemned to death and developed training materials for members of the capital defense bar. She then served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Warren J. Ferguson, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, before spending several years working at Morrison & Foerster LLP.
Before law school, Ms. Sokol lived in Zagreb, Croatia, where she worked with NGOs supporting rape survivors and refugees from the war in Bosnia, and providing training to war amputees from Sarajevo.
Ms. Sokol is bilingual in English and French, and holds French and United States citizenships.