Carlijn van Rest is a partner in the firm’s Amsterdam office and focuses on collective actions and other complex commercial litigation. She is a litigator at heart and has extensive experience in resolving cross border disputes. Ms. van Rest also represents clients in arbitration and related enforcement procedures and has extensive experience in financial services litigation.
Before joining Scott+Scott, she spent more than 10 years working at Hogan Lovells International LLP.
- Representing a major UK bank in a collective action regarding alleged LIBOR manipulation
- Representing an airline in incidental proceedings, on the basis of which the airline has been called into follow-on damages proceedings before the district court of Amsterdam
- Acting for an Italian asset management company and an Italian bank in a procedure before the Enterprise Court on the amount of compensation offered by the Dutch Minister of Finance in relation to the nationalisation of SNS Bank and SNS Reaal
- Advising various banks on prospectus liability claims
- Acting for a French bank in interim proceedings on the discovery of documents
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration on the termination of a distribution agreement
- Representing a shareholder in various companies in inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Court
- Representing a group of investors in a Dutch holding company in arbitration proceedings initiated against two co-investors in the same Dutch holding company on the basis of a default under the shareholders’ agreement
- Representing a multinational in a cartel damages claim against truck manufacturers
Ms. Van Rest is admitted to the Dutch bar and has registered specializations in Litigation (Burgerlijk procesrecht, subrechtsgebied litigation). On the basis of the registration it is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.