- Clerked for the Honorable Karen Nelson Moore, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Mr. Johnson is a partner in the Firm’s Ohio office. He is actively involved in the Firm’s shareholder derivative and corporate governance practice group and played a major role in several of the Firm’s most important corporate governance and shareholder rights cases including recent cases against the boards of directors at Google and Facebook involving breach of fiduciary duty claims. Prior to joining Scott+Scott, Mr. Johnson clerked for the Honorable Karen Nelson Moore, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Mr. Johnson also helped develop the theories that the Firm’s pension fund clients have used to pursue class action cases against mortgage-backed security trustees.
- In re King Digital Entertainment plc S’holder, Litig., No. 15-544770 (Superior Court of California, San Francisco County) ($18.5 million settlement – surviving two motions to dismiss)
- Rosenberg v. Cliffs Natural Resources, Inc., No. 14-1531 (Court of Common Pleas, Cuyahoga County, Ohio) ($10 million settlement)
- In re Washington Mutual Mortgage-Backed Securities Litig., No. No. 2:09-cv-00037 (W. D. Wash.)
- Putnam Bank v. Countrywide Financial, Inc., No. 10-cv-302 (C.D. Cal.)
- Retirement Board of the Policemen’s Annuity & Benefit Fund of the City of Chicago v. Bank of New York Mellon, No. 11-cv-05459 (S.D.N.Y.)
- Oklahoma Police Pension & Retirement System v. U.S. Bank NA, No. 11-cv-8066 (S.D.N.Y.)