- Received the distinction of Pro Bono Honor Roll upon graduation from SMU for her work in Legal Public Service
- Served as a student attorney for SMU’s Innocence Clinic, working with the Dallas County Public Defender’s Office and New York Innocence Project, and successfully advocated for the release and exoneration of Steven Chaney, freed after wrongfully serving more than 25 years
- Co-author of Global Trends in Private Damages: The Future of Collective Actions, Scott, David; Hollway, Belinda; Nelson, Kassandra; Shah, Devi, 13 Competition L. Int’l 137 (2017)
Kassandra Nelson is an associate based in the Firm’s New York office and her practice focuses on complex consumer, securities and antitrust litigation. In addition, Ms. Nelson consults with the Firm’s institutional investor clients, including numerous public pension systems and multi-employer funds to inform clients and ensure that they have proper safeguards in place to monitor and protect against corporate malfeasance in the United States and international finance markets.
Ms. Nelson litigates on behalf of public entities against pharmaceutical companies for alleged fraudulent business practices.
- City of Cambridge v. Purdue Pharma L.P., et al., No. 1984CV02854-BLS2 (Suffolk Cty. Mass.) (opioid cases)
- City of New Britain v. Purdue Pharma L.P., d/b/a Purdue Pharma (Delaware) Limited Partnership, et al. (Super. Ct. Conn.) (opioid cases)
- Also opioid cases in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia