- Founded Scott+Scott in 1975
- Attorney Trial Referee – State of Connecticut
Melvin Scott founded the Firm in 1975 with David R. Scott. Mr. Scott also formerly served as a Special Public Defender in criminal cases and as a member of the New London County Grievance Committee. Mr. Scott actively represents aggrieved parties in securities, commercial, and criminal litigation and has been involved in a host of criminal and civil cases which were reported in the Connecticut Law Journal.
- Irvine v. ImClone Systems, Inc.
- Schnall v. Annuity and Life Re (Holdings) Ltd.
- In re 360networks Class Action Securities Litig.
- In re General Motors ERISA Litig.
- Hohider v. UPS