- Has taught Trial Practice at the University of Connecticut School of Law
- A five-time NCAA National Champion cyclist
Ms. Lawrence is a partner in the firm’s Connecticut office. In the antitrust realm, Ms. Lawrence served as co-lead counsel in the matter, In re: GSE Bonds Antitrust Litigation, No. 1:19-cv-01704-JSR (S.D.N.Y.) which alleged manipulation of the prices in the $550 billion government sponsored entities bond market by some of the largest banks in the world. The case settled for $386.5 million as well as requiring injunctive relief. Ms. Lawrence was also intricately involved in the “ISDAFix case” – Alaska Electrical Pension Fund v. Bank of America, 1:14-cv-07126-JMF-OTW (S.D.N.Y). That case has to date achieved over $504.5 million in recovery from large financial institutions for investors. Currently, Ms. Lawrence also works on In Re Cattle and Beef Antitrust Litig., 0:22-md-03031-JRT-JFD (D. Minn.) and In re European Governments Bonds Antitrust Litig., 1:19-cv-2601 (S.D.N.Y.), two large international antitrust actions.
In her securities practice, Ms. Lawrence has worked on numerous Exchange Act and 1933 Act cases that have resulted in substantial settlements. For example, she currently serves as co-lead counsel in In re: Micro Focus International PLC Securities Litigation, No. 18-cv-01549 (Cal. Super. Ct. San Mateo Cnty.), a California 1933 Act case with a pending settlement amount of $107.5 million. Other securities cases Ms. Lawrence has worked on include: In re Fireeye, Inc. Securities Litigation, No. 14-cv-266866 (Cal. Super. Ct. Santa Clara Cnty.); St. Lucie Cnty. Fire Dist. Firefighters’ Pension Trust v. Southwestern Energy Co., No. 4:16-cv-03569 (S.D. Tex.); and In re LendingClub Corp. Shareholder Litig., No. CIV537300 (Cal. Super. Ct. San Mateo Cnty.).
In addition to antitrust and securities matters, Ms. Lawrence has also worked on consumer cases that have resulted in significant settlements for the affected classes.
Ms. Lawrence is very actively involved in her community, particularly in recreational organizations and events.
A five-time NCAA National Champion cyclist who raced throughout the United States, Europe, Bermuda, and Pakistan, Ms. Lawrence is now an avid endurance athlete. Ms. Lawrence has competed in dozens of marathons, including the New York Marathon and the Boston Marathon, and in 18 full-distance ironman competitions – five of which were at the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
- In re: GSE Bonds Antitrust Litig., No. 1:19-cv-01704-JSR (S.D.N.Y.) ($386.5 million settlement)
- Alaska Electrical Pension Fund v. Bank of America, No. 1:14-cv-07126-JMF-OTW (S.D.N.Y.) ($504.5 million settlement)
- Police and Fire Retirement System of the City of Detroit v. Crane, No. 13-cv-00945-VC (N.D. Cal.) ($5.1 million settlement)
- Rubenstein v. Oilsands Quest Inc., No. 11-1288 (S.D.N.Y.) ($10.235 million settlement)
- Boilermakers National Annuity Trust Fund v. WaMu Mortgage Pass-Through Certificates, No. 09-cv-00037 (W.D. Wash.) ($26 million settlement)
- In re: TETRA Technologies, Inc. Securities Litig., No. 4: 07-cv-00965 (S.D. Tex.) ($8.25 million settlement)
- The United States v. The City of New York, No. 07-CV-2067 (E.D.N.Y.)
- In re: Prudential Life Insurance Co. of America SGLI/VGLI Contract Litig., No. 11-02208
(D. Mass.) ($39 million settlement)