- Member of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht
- Regularly publishes on competition law and litigation topics
- Contributing author to Kartellverfahren und Kartellprozess, a comprehensive handbook on competition law procedure and private enforcement
Markus Hutschneider leads Scott+Scott Berlin. He is a competition law specialist and focuses on complex competition damages disputes.
He has close to 20 years of experience across the whole range of competition law, both in private practice and in-house. In recent years, he has focused almost exclusively on competition damages claims. Before joining Scott+Scott, he headed the team of lawyers in Deutsche Bahn AG’s multidisciplinary competition litigation unit and successfully enforced claims in multiple cases. In addition to litigating several high-profile matters, he has extensive experience negotiating out-of-court settlements. His previous professional experience includes an in-house role with Deutsche Telekom AG and seven years with the Berlin office of a US law firm.
- Pursued competition damages claims (in-house) in various litigation matters including the German rail track cartel, the air cargo cartel and the trucks cartel; successfully negotiated multiple out-of-court settlement agreements
- Acted in various competition law investigations by the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office and in internal investigations, including in-depth experience with leniency applications and settlements
- Represented a leading telecommunications provider in an appeal before the European Court of Justice against an abuse of dominance decision by the European Commission, and defended the client against subsequent damages claims