- In 2018, Martin started his career at a firm focusing on M&A practices. In 2020 he moved to a litigation firm, where he specialized in corporate and commercial litigation.
- During his studies at the university, Martin took part in several prestigious moot court competitions. In 2016 he won a national moot court competition in the Netherlands.
Martin is an associate at the Firm’s Amsterdam office where he focuses on class actions and corporate and commercial litigation. He is a passionate litigator with experience in representing clients of all sizes, both as claimants and defendants.
Martin has published articles in the field of corporate litigation.
- Representing investors in a securities class action against a multinational aerospace company for late disclosures.
- Representing consumers in antitrust litigation against a big tech company.
- Represented consumers in seeking compensation from an international car manufacturer in connection to the diesel emissions scandal.
- Represented a group of private investors in a dispute against an investment bank over the breach of financial duty of care.
- Advising clients on the levying and/or lifting of attachments, including attachment of evidence (bewijsbeslag).
- Advised and represented several clients in matters relating to directors’ and officers’ liability.
- Represented shareholders in corporate disputes, including inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber.
Mr. Blom is admitted to the Dutch bar and has a registered specialization in corporate law (ondernemingsrecht). On the basis of the registration it is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered principal legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.